Rachel Sage Makeup Breakdown

Today's inspiration come from singer Rachel Sage, whose makeup and style astetic is haunting, beautiful, and artistic.  I recently asked her for her makeup and style inspiration, and she happily shared it with us.  Enjoy!

My name is Rachael Sage, and I'm a touring singer-songwriter, visual artist and actress. I've always been most inspired by color, and I've never been afraid to wear sparkly, glittery clothing or makeup. Ever since I was a little girl studying ballet, I've loved wearing bright colors and matching my makeup to my outfits, even when magazines said that wasn't the trend. I guess I think of my face and body as just another part of my "canvas" - and often, a way to start conversations and make new friends, whether I'm on the NYC Subway, or sitting in a coffeeshop on tour"
  • In terms of my overall aesthetic, I've always been inspired by the work of colorful, soulful artists from Matisse, Picasso and Chaggall, to contemporary Pop artists like Keith Haring and Andy Warhol. 
  • I've also always loved watching figure skating not only because the artistry and atheleticism are so incredible, but because the costumes and makeup are so glamourous! 
  • I suppose my style could be described as "ballerina-gone-awry"; it's definitely influenced by my ballet background, but also with a bit of New York punk-rock and ecclectic art-student flair.
MAKEUP:

Post a Comment

0 Comments